Zero Tolerance Policy
Zero Tolerance Policy
We are here to help you and our aim is to be as polite, helpful and sensitive to individual needs and circumstances as possible. If you consider that you have been treated unfairly or inappropriately please let us know so that we can address your concerns.
Coleridge Medical Centre operates a zero tolerance policy to all and any abuse towards doctors, nurses, staff and patients. Everyone has the right to care for others without the fear of attack, abuse or being treated badly in any way. To successfully provide services a mutual respect between us and our patients must be in place.
Aggressive behaviour, be it physical, verbal or online, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the practice list. In extreme cases the Police will be contacted.
All written warnings sent to patients last for a 12-month period. Further action will be taken if the patient has received a written warning from the practice, and the abusive behaviour continues within those 12 months.
So that we can maintain good relations with our patients please take note of the occasional types of behaviour we see that would be found unacceptable:
- Verbal abuse in any form towards any member of our team eg bad language, swearing or shouting
- Any physical violence towards any member of our team or other patients
- Racial abuse, discrimination or sexual harassment (and that includes lewd comments) will not be tolerated
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot be met
- Being perceived to bully a staff member to obtain something
- Causing damage/stealing from the practice's premises, staff or other patients
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently
We use social medial to cascade information to patients. Abuse of staff via online social media platforms is covered by our Zero Tolerance Policy, and the above formal procedures will apply to any patient who is found to be writing inappropriate content about the Coleridge Medical Centre, or it's staff.
We cannot fully respond to any negative comments or complaints due to patient confidentiality, therefore any negative comments or complaints can be deleted without notice. We can be contacted directly to investigate any issues and formal complaints should be made on the forms provided, following the process outlined in our complaints leaflet.