Full or Part Time Salary GP Vacancy
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a large practice located in the home of the famous tar barrels, with outstanding schools, easy access to major road links and the Jurassic Coast, Dartmoor, Exmoor and the University City of Exeter all within easy reach?
If you are searching for the right practice in which to take the next steps to forward your career development, please join us. You will have the opportunity to enhance your portfolio of skills, knowledge and expertise in all aspects of primary care within a forward thinking and supportive team.
We have a rolling programme of interviews and recruitment to enable us to fill a number of sessions that will become available over the next few months. Therefore, please do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible.
We are a semi-rural practice with 16,500 patients located in Ottery St Mary. We are a training practice and research accredited. We use System One with Ardens and work in purpose built premises.
If you would like any further information or to arrange an informal visit please contact
Sue Stokes, Practice Manager, Coleridge Medical Centre, Canaan Way, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1EQ email@example.com 01404 814447
To apply please send your up to date CV and covering letter of introduction.
Salaried GP – key personal specifications:
· Recognised GP qualification (eg MRCGP, nMRCGP)
· GMC Full Registration
· Right to work in the UK
· Membership of a recognised defence union
· Currently on the UK performers list
· Understands the importance of evidence-based practice and clinical effectiveness
· Understands role of GP
· Evidence of recent self-directed learning or development
· Understands Clinical Governance and quality issues as well as current health and social policy
· Has the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Is self motivated and willing
· Enthusiastic, positive, forward thinker
· Experience of GP clinical IT systems
· Full, clean driving licence
· Is committed to understanding and developing the future of primary care and services for the local population
· Is aware of self and others
· Recognised qualifications in GPR training
· Appropriate qualification and experience in minor surgery
· Experience of SystmOne clinical system with Ardens add-on
We provide a supportive and stimulating, multi-disciplinary environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We provide a wide range of primary care services from our purpose built premises and branch sites, serving a growing population of 16,500 patients. Our clinical team consists of GPs, an experienced and prescribing Primary Care Pharmacist and a team of highly skilled Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Practice Nurses; some of whom can also prescribe.
We are members of HOSMS PCN (Honiton, Ottery and Sid Valley). We are very much focused on the needs of the population and working together to provide high quality care through technology innovation and effective clinical pathways.
We also have on site access to the community nursing team, public health nurses, midwives, Hospicare nurses, specialist mental health workers and consultant led virtual clinics. More recently we have introduced an experienced PCN workforce including social prescriber, pharmacist, pharmacy technician and MSK specialist.
Here’s a list of other things that may be of interest:-
- CQC Rating Good (June 2018)
- High % QOF achievers
- Training practice for GPRs
- Placements for University Medical Students
- Placements for Student Nurses
- Research accredited status
- Supportive and productive practice team
- SystmOne clinical record system with Ardens templates to assist with best practice, data quality and efficient, effective use of time
- AccuRX video consultations
- Lexacom Cloud/digital dictation
- Fully utilised practice intranet that links with Clarity software.
- Premises over three sites in good town and village centre locations, with on site parking and all are purpose built
We are a supportive and friendly practice team who enjoy working and socialising together. Our various activities include a Summer BBQ, annual dinner and the occasional themed Karaoke evening!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Practice Manager: Sue Stokes