FAIR PROCESSING AND PRIVACY SUMMARY
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- We share information for invoice validation
- CCTV is installed in the external areas of our practice and images of stored for the safety and security of our patients, staff and premises and to prevent and deter crime
- All incoming and outgoing telephone calls are recorded. Voice recordings are stored for training and monitoring purposes, for security and for investigating complaints and issues raised by patients and staff.
- You have the right to access your medical records. You can access information online or by making a request in writing to The Practice Manager.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
Further information about the way in which the NHS uses personal information and your rights in that respect can be found in:
- The NHS Care Record Guarantee : http://www.nigb.nhs.uk/pubs/nhscrg.pdf
- The NHS Constitution : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-nhs-constitution-for-england
- NHS Digital’s Guide to Confidentiality in Health & Social Care gives more information on the rules around information sharing : http://content.digital.nhs.uk/article/4979/Assuring-information
NHS England – Better Data, Informed Commissioning, Driving Improved Outcomes: Clinical Data Sets provides further information about the data flowing within the NHS to support commissioning.
Please visit the NHS Digital website for further information about their responsibility for collecting data from across the health and social care system.
National Data Opt Out NHS Your Data Matters National Data Opt Out
Your health records contain a type of data called confidential patient information. This data can be used to help with research and planning.
You can choose to stop your confidential patient information being used for research and planning. You can also make a choice for someone else like your children under the age of 13.
Your choice will only apply to the health and care system in England. This does not apply to health or care services accessed in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Make and manage your choice Your Data Matters Make and Manage Your Choice
Use this link to choose if your confidential patient information is used for research and planning.
Change or check your current choice.