Ottery Help Scheme
Ottery Help Scheme was initially set up in 1992 with the help of Ottery St Mary Hospital League of Friends, to give much needed support to local residents in times of illness or a period of life-changing circumstances.
The Ottery Help Scheme has many community support services. These include:
- Carers' Cafe at The Coffee Bank every Wednesday.
- Memory Cafe at the Cricket Club every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- Befriending service available Monday - Friday.
- Bereavement support available Monday - Friday.
- Friendship group on the 1st Tuesday of every month.
- Community transport options when needing to attend a GP or hospital appointment, or to see friends and family.
The Ottery Help Scheme also offers a wheelchair hire service, with a pick up and drop off location at:
Ottery St Mary
Charges begin from £3 per day.
Telephone: 01404 813041
This group of volunteers will be covering the Marsh Green and Rockbeare area.
West Hill Volunteers
West Hill Volunteers work on general support activities such as shopping and collecting prescriptions.
Telephone: 01404 232100