Clinics We Offer
In addition to GP consultations, the practice offers a wide range of specific clinics and healthcare services:
- Long Term Condition/Chronic Disease Clinics - If you are diagnosed with a certain long term/chronic condition, you will be invited to have an annual review with a clinician/s. Please click here for more information on this.
- Baby & Child Immunisation Clinics - these are run by the practice nurses on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, with appointments normally available between 10.50am and 12.40pm.
- Baby Checks - Dr Dilley, Dr Nelson, Dr Knight, and Dr Bates carry out 6/8 baby checks on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to coincide with the immunisation clinics.
- Family Planning - the doctors and practice nurses can provide family planning advice and emergency contraception. There is a confidential youth service for contraceptive and other advice.
- Minor Surgery - some of our doctors offer a minor surgery service.
- Smoking Cessation Clinics - these appointments are available with two of our nurses and can be in person, over the phone or a combination of the two. The first consultation is 30 minutes long, with 10 minute follow up appointments weekly, fortnightly or however frequently the person finds helpful. The standard programme is 12 weeks, but we are very adaptable and see patients for as long as needed until they feel secure and confident on their own. The evidence is that you are twice as likely to quit successfully if you do it with the support of a stop smoking advisor as well as medication. We have very good success rates.
- Health checks for patients with learning disabilities - anyone aged 14 or over who is on our learning disability register will be invited for an annual health check every year.
- Immunisations such as seasonal flu, pneumovax and shingles
- Immunisation catch up programmes
- Cervical Screening - our Practice Nurses carry out cervical screening appointments (otherwise known as smear tests). You will receive a letter from the NHS when you are due, inviting you to book an appointment. For more information on cervical screening, please click here
- NHS Health Checks - these are performed by our Health Care Assistants.