BE PART OF OUR LONG TERM PLAN - 6 SESSION GP PARTNER or SALARIED GP
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a large, six partner practice located in the home of the famous tar barrels, with outstanding schools, easy access to major road links and the Jurassic Coast, Dartmoor, Exmoor and the University City of Exeter all within easy reach?
If you are searching for the right practice in which take the next steps to forward your career development, consider joining us to enhance your portfolio of skills, knowledge and expertise both in the clinical and professional business elements of primary care.
If you would like to be part of a stable and resilient team, work 15 minute appointments and, at Partner level, attend business meetings during the working day, you are also eager to maintain and develop a successful , well led, enjoyable practice please apply with a covering letter and your CV to Sue Stokes, Practice Manager, Coleridge Medical Centre, Canaan Way, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1EQ email@example.com
Closing date 8th April 2019
NHSE Live and Work in the South West
ABOUT THIS ROLE
COLERIDGE MEDICAL CENTRE – A HEALTHY PRACTICE
We provide a supportive and stimulating, multi-disciplinary environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We provide a wide range of primary care services from our purpose built premises, serving a growing population of 16,000+ patients. Our clinical team consists of GPs, an experienced and prescribing Primary Care Pharmacist and a team of highly skilled Nurse Practitioners and Practice Nurses; some of whom can also prescribe.
We also have on site access to the community nursing team, public health nurses, midwives, Hospicare nurses, specialist mental health workers and consultant led virtual clinics.
We are a supportive and friendly practice team who, when not working, socialise together and enjoy various activities including Summer BBQ , Annual Dinner and the occasional themed Karaoke evening!
We are members of East Devon Health Federation www.eastdevonhealth.co.uk East Devon Health is a Federation of 13 practices in East Devon, all focused on the needs of the population and working together to provide high quality care through technology innovation and effective clinical pathways.
- CQC Rating Good (June 2018)
- High Qof achievers
- Training practice – ST3 and ST4
- Placements for University Medical Students
- Supportive and productive practice team
- SystmOne clinical record system with Ardens templates to assist with best practice, data quality and efficient, effective use of time
- Lexacom Cloud/digital dictation
- Federation level practice intranet that links with Clarity software.
- Premises over three sites with on site parking, all purpose built
- Good town/village centre locations
- 15 minute appointments
Key Partnership Benefits
- Robust and up to date Partnership Agreement
- Good income potential
- Property portfolio over two sites with a practice shared loan and additional private rental income
- 7.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- 1 weeks study leave plus a session for external appraisal
- Business meetings are held during the working day
- Opportunity to purchase a financial share in the Partnership assets
- Patient list holder/overall care model
Key themes of responsibility are:
- Direct strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the Practice
- Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the Partnership
- Formulate and successfully implement policy
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees
- Build and maintain an effective practice team
- Assume full responsibility for own and others’ actions
- Act as GP lead or co lead in agreed areas of work
- Be jointly responsible for the Practice’s highest possible achievement of national and local targets and mandatory registrations e.g. CQC, QOF, enhanced services, prescribing etc.
- Contribute to meetings and other forums to support and develop individual, partnership and practice objectives, including representing the practice to external bodies and organisations
- Commit to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence based best practice
- Assist with the clinical supervision and training of Practice staff and others as agreed.
- Any other duties, time commitments or activities as agreed by the Partners.
Key person specifications are:
· Recognised GP qualification (eg MRCGP, nMRCGP)
· GMC Full Registration
· Right to work in the UK
· Membership of a recognised defence union (MPS/MDU)
· Currently on the UK performers list Understands the importance of evidence-based practice and clinical effectiveness
· Understands role of GP
· Understands role of GP Partner (if applicable)
· Evidence of recent self-directed learning or development
· Understands Clinical Governance and quality issues as well as current health and social policy
· Has the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Is self motivated and willing
· Enthusiastic, positive, forward thinker
· Experience of GP clinical IT systems
· Full, clean driving licence
· Is committed to understanding and developing the professional business of primary care
· Is aware of self and others
· Recognised qualifications in GPR training
· Appropriate qualification and experience in minor surgery
· Experience of SystmOne clinical system with Ardens add-on
· Understands and has a commitment to the development of services for the local population
· Evidence of developed/developing skills in leadership and business/primary care acumen.
· Project development experience