Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Healthy Living - We place great emphasis on the prevention of disease. If we believe your current lifestyle is affecting your health or if you are diagnosed with a long term condition, as part of your ongoing care we will ask you to make changes to your lifestyle. We will also signpost you to appropriate and relevant treatments and information to help you make those changes.
- Long Term Conditions and Chronic Disease - If you are diagnosed with a long term or chronic condition you will be invited to join our monitoring and check up services.
- Common Childhood Illness - When to worry Click here for your guide on coughs, colds, sore throats and ear aches in children
- Download HANDi
This link takes you to the NEW Devon CCG website where you can download the app developed by the paediatricians at Musgrove Park, Taunton. It is useful for parents, and clinicians alike looking after children with the most common childhool illnesses. Is is available on both apple & android
- Baby Immunisation Clinics - held on Mondays 14:30 - 16:15 and Thursdays 10:30 -11:45. You will be invited to attend with your child.
- Child Health - Dr de Sousa carries out child assessment examinations on Monday afternoons at the surgery.
- Maternity Care - all doctors can provide maternity services and you will in most cases be referred to one of our on site midwives.
- Family Planning - the doctors and practice nurses can provide family planning advice and emergency contraception. There is a confidential youth service for contraceptive and other advice.
- Minor Injuries - The nearest unit is at Honiton Hospital.
- Minor Surgery - some of our doctors offer a minor surgery service.
- Blood Tests
- Chronic Disease Clinics
- Dietary and Alcohol Advice
- Smoking Cessation
- Heart Disease Prevention Advice
- Menopause Advice
- Cervical Smears
- Basic travel advice
- Family Planning
- Carers Health Checks
- Health Checks for patients with learning disabilities
- Immunisations such as seasonal flu, pneumovax and shingles
- Immunisation catch up programmes